ACHE Quick Reference Guide – Change in Continuing Education Requirements for Advancement and Recertification
FACHE Advancement Eligibility Requirements
- Be a current member of ACHE and have three (3) years of tenure
- Hold a Master’s or other post-baccalaureate degree
- Hold an executive-level healthcare management position and have a minimum of five (5) years of executive-level healthcare management experience
- Submit two (2) references: One (1) structured interview, One (1) senior executive or Fellow
- Thirty-six (36) total hours of healthcare continuing education credit within the past three (3) years, Twelve (12) hours must be Face-to-Face Education Credits
- Participate in two (2) healthcare related activities, AND two (2) community/civic activities
in January 2012, the ACHE Board of Governors approved changes to the terminology used to describe ACHE continuing education credit formerly termed “Category I (ACHE education) credit” and “Category II (non-ACHE) education credit.” The following language will be used to describe the required credits:
- “Healthcare Management Continuing Education credit”-the credit in total that is required for Fellow advancement and recertification.
- “ACHE Face-to-Face Education credit“-credit that is earned through ACHE-approved chapter panel discussions and programs offered by the national organization.
- “ACHE Qualified Education credit“-credit that is earned through programs offered by ACHE, chapters or other qualified sources, whether the programming is face-to-face or distance offerings (webinars, online seminars, self-study courses, etc.).
Affiliates wishing to advance or recertify may complete the required credits through ACHE Face-to-Face Education credits or a combination of ACHE Face-to-Face Education credits and ACHE Qualified Education credits.
|Note: beginning Jan. 1, 2012, distance learning-whether offered by ACHE chapters, ACHE or other qualified sources-will earn ACHE Qualified Education credit. All unexpired Category I credits will be unaffected. Candidates are able to apply all unexpired Category I credits as ACHE Face-to-Face Education credits, even if those courses were distance learning. To verify your credits please visit my.ache.org .|
|Advancement year||Education Requirements|
|New Fellow application submitted after Jan. 1, 2017||36 hours of Healthcare Management Continuing Education credits over previous three years; 12 hours must be ACHE Face-to-Face Education credits;
Post-baccalaureate degree, Three years ACHE membership, Five years healthcare management experience
Two references submitted
Two healthcare activities, and two community/civic activities
|Fellow Recertification Applications|
|Recertification year||Education Requirements|
|Fellow Recertification application submitted after Jan. 1, 2017||36 hours of Healthcare Management Continuing Education credits since your last advancement or recertification; 12 hours must be ACHE Face-to-Face Education credit;
Participation in two (2) healthcare activities
Participation in in two (2) community/civic activities