Welcome to the ACHE of Nebraska & Western Iowa website! ACHE of NE&WIA is the local independent chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) for Nebraska and Western Iowa. It is an exciting and challenging time to be involved in healthcare leadership, and we are committed to providing a forum for advancement and excellence within our profession.
The mission of our chapter is to be the premier professional membership society for healthcare executives; to meet its’ members’ professional, educational, and leadership needs; to promote high ethical standards and conduct; to advance healthcare leadership and management excellence; and to promote and support the mission of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
ACHE’s fundamental purpose (mission) and the essential core values of the profession form the foundation for our strategy, while our desired long-term future (vision) is the guiding principle for the organization’s strategic direction.
Vision: To be the preeminent professional society for leaders dedicated to improving health.
Mission: To advance our members and healthcare management excellence.
Core Values: We are committed to and live out our core values through our work:
- Integrity: We advocate and demonstrate high ethical conduct in all we do.
- Lifelong Learning: We recognize lifelong learning is essential to our ability to innovate and continually improve ourselves, our organizations and our profession.
- Leadership: We lead through example and mentoring, and recognize caring must be a cornerstone of our professional interactions.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We advocate inclusion and embrace the differences of those with whom we work and the communities we serve.
In pursuing its strategy and desired outcomes, ACHE will serve as a:
Catalyst for the field of healthcare management, to:
- Advance Safety: Amplify the importance of safety and provide the tools and strategies healthcare leaders need to foster zero-harm workplace cultures and environments.
- Build Partnerships: Convene key market players in support of advancing health, safety and quality initiatives, while also broadening ACHE’s influence and impact.
- Innovate and Transform: Identify and deliver promising approaches to support healthcare leaders as they strive to uncover solutions and effectively manage change.
Connector across the continuum of the leadership community, to:
- Strengthen Chapters: Fully realize the power of ACHE’s chapter network by enacting changes that will simplify requirements, expand member value and increase grassroots participation.
- Advance Diversity and Inclusion: Extend ACHE’s reach and increase diverse representation to cultivate an inclusive community across the continuum of healthcare leadership.
- Increase Access to Resources: Improve accessibility of knowledge and resources so leaders can tap into ACHE’s solutions anytime, anywhere.
Trusted Partner for our members, to:
- Foster Engagement: Align ACHE’s value to members’ unique needs to increase resonance, encourage deeper levels of participation and networking to build a stronger member community.
- Support Leaders: Enrich and expand current career resource programs, products, platforms and services to better meet the personal and professional needs of a diversified membership.
- Personalize the Experience: Deliver dynamic and tailored messaging, content and resources that are aligned with member preferences and serve to further embed ACHE as an essential partner in helping leaders advance their careers.